- 28-year concession for the two airports at Antananarivo and Nosy Be
- Design and construction of a new international terminal at Ivato Airport in Antananarivo, the country's capital
- Refurbishment of one runway and one terminal at each airport
- Technical and environmental compliance of facilities
The financing of the fixed investment programme was finalised on 25 June 2017, with a consortium of five international development banks: the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group, Proparco, the Development Bank of Southern Africa, the Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund Limited and the OPEC Fund for International Development will, together with the capital contributed by the shareholders of Ravinala Airports, ensure that the ambitious development projects are completed and that the international airports in Antananarivo and Nosy Be are brought up to the required standards.
These two airports welcomed 845,000 and 147,000 passengers respectively in 2016, almost two thirds of whom were international passengers. Their expected average annual passenger numbers should increase by at least 5% over the coming years.
Under the concession contract, Ravinala Airports, the concession company, is overseeing the design, construction and operation of the following during phase one:
At Ivato Airport in Antananarivo:
- a new 17,500 sq.m international terminal with an initial capacity of 1.5 million passengers ;
- the renovation of the existing terminal to handle domestic traffic ;
- the strengthening and full resurfacing of the runway ;
- the technical and environmental compliance of facilities.
- the full refurbishment of the runway and of the existing terminal, and the technical and environmental compliance of facilities.
As for Groupe ADP, it will provide assistance in the operation and maintenance of both airports throughout the term of the concession. Furthermore, ADP Ingénierie has been working on the design of the new Ivato Airport terminal.